(Image via pinterest because just text was a boring post ;3)
I was tagged by the lovely Aida (she is relatively new on here so yes, I will shamelessly plug her book blog to you all- go follow her! :D), she is one of my very favourite internet people from my livejournal days!
Anywho, she tagged me to do this “Twenty Questions for a Reader”, so here we go:-
1. Which book has been on your shelf the longest?
I was going to say my Harry Potter series, but I actually just realised that would be a lie.
In 1998 I got given a beautiful collector’s edition of Beatrix Potter tales by my Grandma. It’s a little strange because unless my parents read them to me when I was so young that I can’t remember, I don’t really remember reading them or being a fan of them- I love the watercolour illustrations in them though!
2. What is your current read, your last read and the book you’ll read next?
Like Aida’s answer, you can see my WWW Wednesday for this week if you click on the handy dandy link!
3. What book did everyone like and you hated?
Twilight series? 50 shades of Grey? Any spin off book from that popular trope which seems to glamourise abusive relationships?
4. Which book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
I have Small Island by Andrea Levy on my TBR list but…I keep putting off getting it for some reason or another….
5. Which book are you saving for retirement?
6. Last page: read it first or wait till the end?
Read it first, I never flip to the back page!
7. Acknowledgements: waste of ink and paper or interesting aside?
Not so much the acknowledgements, but I love Epigraphs! You can see my list of favourites so far here
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Many! Suzannah Simon, Hermione Granger, Cinder Linh…
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?
Everyone is going to say Harry Potter because that is just what the cool kids do. I wonder if any other generation has ever been as closely united by a book series like we 90s kids with HP?
10. Name a book you acquired in some interesting way.
All my books have been acquired in a pretty standard way…in exchange for money, mostly. Sometimes gifts.
11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
Not really. Sent some to my friends but otherwise nada.
12. Which book has been with you to the most places?
I’m so ill-travelled…I guess Sophie Kinsella’s Can You Keep a Secret? came to Rome with me? (ROME/ROAM GEDDIT? No okay.)
13. Any “required reading” that you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad ten years later?
It hasn’t *quite* been ten years since I finished high school, thank you for aging me, meme. But I’ve not re-read any of my high school required reading yet- I do want to re-read some, 1984, a handmaid’s tale, of mice and men….
14. What is the strangest item you’ve ever found in a book?
I found a scrap of paper with some random digits on them.
15. Used or brand new?
I buy a LOT of my books “new and used” from the amazon marketplace, because I prefer hardcovers and I can get them for like £2.81 in almost perfect condition that way, rather than spending £16+ on a book.
16. Stephen King: Literary genius or opiate of the masses?
I’m tempted to go with Opiate of the masses. I have read only two King books: The Long Walk and the Running Man. These were both written under his pseudonym but I can’t say I was too impressed with either of them.
17. Have you ever seen a movie that you liked better than the book?
Think I’ll agree with Aida here and actually say “Stardust” by Neil Gaiman
18. Conversely, which book should never have been introduced to celluloid?
I can usually think of so, so many but of course now I’ve been asked my mind has gone blank!!
19. Have you ever had books that made you hungry, cookbooks excluded from this question?
The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen!
20. Who is the person who’s book advice you’ll always take?
To be honest, while I do watch the booktubers, I tend to stay away from their popular choices now. I’ve been disappointed too many times. However on here, I always listen to Annette, Elen and Hannah – they have great taste ;3