hosted by the broke and the bookish, this week’s top te tuesday allows me to highlight the best books I read in 2014- this year has flown by!
(These are in the order I read them).
1. More Than This- Patrick Ness
Not many books can say they start out with their protagonist being dead.
2. Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)- Marissa Meyer
One of my favourite on-going series, I can’t wait for Fairest and Winter!
3. Nothing to Envy- Barbara Demick
An inside look at the crazy, scary world of North Korea, told from first person accounts by those who had fled it’s borders.
4. Code Name Verity (and Rose Under Fire)- Elizabeth Wein
My heart still hurts.
5. Black Apples- Various Authors
The best anthology I’ve read all year.
6. Gone Girl- Gillian Flynn
Got me craving more crime thrillers, which I don’t read very much of at all!
7. A Room of One’s Own- Virginia Woolf
A great work of opinion which basically screams “F#@% your patriarchal bullshi-t”
8. Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3)- Sarah J Maas
The amazing fantasy series grows better and better with every book!
9. Rose Daughter- Robin McKinley
You can’t go wrong with a Tale as Old as Time, right?
10. All Quiet on the Western Front
Probably the most important book I read all year.