Happy New Year Everyone!
It’s time for my resolutions post for the year, these won’t just be bookish either.
2015 was an amazing year for me. I moved to a new city, started my dream job, and moved house twice, once into a house share with strangers, and now into my own flat. It has been a massive year for me personally, and developmentally. I’ve started to find out how much I can handle, and how much I rely on my friends and family despite living in a different city. not so much for books and reading.
In 2015, I read a total of thirty three books- a total I am not entirely unhappy with. It’s a massive drop from 2014’s 100+, but it is necessary. I had to cut back forcing myself to read to make sure I still enjoy it when I do get to.
2016 New Year Resolutions:
Book Blog Relevant:
- Read 30 books this year- anything more is great, anything less is okay- as long as you read and enjoy it
- Book blog : try to post more regularly on here. This blog really took a hit this year since I hardly posted any reviews after march, really. I’ll try to make myself read one book every week and try to post a review every two weeks. Try.
- Audiobooks – I completely forgot about my audiobook resolution last year, but I’m really considering doing it this year. Mainly cos I seem to lack a lot of energy in my downtime and I can get an audible app on my phone.
- Netgalley/Amazon Wish list Clearout– a lot of my netgalley requests and wish list were done in 2014. Reading through them, my tastes seem to have changed quite a bit, moving away from Young Adult/Supernatural/Paranormal. I’ve had a clearout of both lists, including deleting some netgalleys I realistically will never read now…it’s nice to start over with a fresh blank list.
- Mindfullness– I need to stop comparing myself to other people so much. I am not them, and they are not me. Everyone handles everything differently. I can do this.
- The Job- I work full time as a first responder. It’s a difficult job, and nobody expects it to be easy. I face situations on a daily basis which most won’t ever experience in their whole life. We have all had days where we high five and dance. We have all had days where we go home and cry. I need to not be so hard on myself- I are learning, and I will get there. I absolutely love my job and can’t imagine doing anything else.
- Social life- I am in a new city where I only really see people from work. I need to somehow find new social circles to mix in, and not isolate myself. #howdoyouevenmakefriends
- Home– last year, a lot of my friends said “oooh we’ll come and visit you!” and only two ever bothered. They all expect me to come home on my three days off and rush around fitting everybody into three days. I need to understand that a bit more but similarly, I need to put my foot down and let myself have down time. I need to make sure my friends understand that I can’t come home every week (I let myself go home once a month), and they need to make more of an effort in that circumstance. I however, need to make more of an effort to text and call them to make sure they remember me. It’s easy to forget people when they are out of sight, out of mind and you think they are “too busy”- I need to understand that a bit more and be patient.
- Trips: I want this year to be a bit more fun, and have a few trips and adventures in it. I now live in the heart of england with trains everywhere- no excuses can be made. Last year, I had a day trip to London and went to Corfu for a week. It was amazing. I know my friend and I are planning a trip to London again for our birthdays, and I’m also hoping for a trip abroad, maybe Barcelona or Prague.